Anything that will not be maintained properly will lose its effectiveness. Even if it is the human body or timber floor if human will not be careful about their body and don’t take care about themselves, then in long run your body will start taking the tool, will get sick. Same is the case with timber flooring, you have to nourish it, keep it clean and just a little possessive about it to keep it intact and shiny for years. The right maintenance of timber floor is important to extend its life. One will agree that it is very important to properly maintain the timber floor because;
- Its costly investment to install timber floor, it’s not easy to invest such amount of money every second year. One needs to be very careful about its health otherwise you might be wasting your thousands of dollars every second year.
- Secondly, it’s not convenient to install the wooden floor. You have to do hectic exercise of packing your furniture moving to a single room. Then uninstalling the old floor and installing new ones, this can take days and till that period you night living like a hobo in your home.
All these can be prevented by taking just a few precautions and be a little particular about the health of your floor.
- Always sweep your floor regularly. If you find a stain on it then it is better to scrub it occasionally like once in a month. This will help to remove the stain in early-stage rather if they will remain on the surface on longer, they can become permanent. Regular sweeping will also help to reduce the dust on the floor, this dust might not penetrate in the small gaps. This also aids in maintaining the hygiene of your floor. Especially when you have small kids at home, who spend most of their time on the floor
- Buy the right cleaner for your floor. Do little research before buying the cleaner for your floor. It is also better to get a recommendation from the company who have installed your timber floor. They can suggest a precise product that can be used for cleaning your floor.
- Right tools can help to clean the floor properly. As the timber floor is delicate, so they should be dealt with mildly. It is better to use soft brushes or wiping clothes to clean or polish the floor.
If you don’t want to do this job on your own. You can always hire professionals for your help, they have all the right equipment and tools for the job. They can even perform this task faster. It is better to get external help minimum once in a year to perform proper cleaning of your floor, it will always help to get complete health check of your floor.